Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Confusing World Of Numbers

this is....an actual phone conversation....undoctored because, well there's just no reason to.

caller: "hi, i'm calling because i'm running out of medicine and i need a refill"

me: "okay great, well do you have the prescription numbers?"

caller: "sure, 403561 and 403562".................at this point i notice something wrong as our prescription numbers are 7 digits to begin with

me: "well, those aren't our prescription numbers, what's your name then?" she gives me her name and i'm searching in our system only to turn up empty-handed

me: "okay ma'am, those aren't our numbers and i can't find your name in our system, are you sure you're calling the right pharmacy?"

caller: "well, i'm not sure, they told me to call this number. this is springville pharmacy right?"

me: "no.............this is xxx pharmacy......"

caller: "well, what should i do? there's a phone number on the bottle, should i call that?"






uh, what?

No comments: