Friday, January 2, 2009

Actual Phone Call....

Me: Hello, may I help you?

Dumbass: Yeah, Uh, pharmacy....

M: Yes, you've reached the pharmacy.

DA: Uh, is this the farmist? (I like where this is going)

M: Yes, this is the farmist. (it's just easier)

DA: I've never been there before, is that going to be a issue?

Sidebar:

While I respect the fact that this waste of air was able to form a cohesive sentence/question, another piece of me has perished (again). Let's analyze the statement, shall we? "Is that going to be an issue?" It most definitely sounds to be "an issue" since you have no fucking clue how to communicate. I have no idea what my response should begin to sound like - seriously. After much silence and thinking, I came up with...

M: In what respect?

DA: I'VE NEVER BEEN THERE!

M: That much I ascertained from your previous statement, sir. We do indeed fill prescriptions for people whom have never frequented our location previously, however.

DA: Oh, aaaa, really?

M: Yes, really.

DA: Okay then....

I'll spare you the rest, but it turns out we don't take his insurance. Could have maybe just led with that question. Something like "I have BC/BS of East Bumfuck - do yous take it?" The answer is no. None of me dies this way.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

In what respect, Charlie? HIS WORLD VIEW?

Phrustrated Pharmacist said...

What the hell are you talking about IN CAPITALS? DON'T YELL AT ME, I DIDN'T CALL ME AND ASK ME A MORONIC QUESTION.

Unknown said...

Do you get it yet? Sarah Palin?